Hello from Hongkong! I can’t believe it’s already the last Friday of March; time went by so fast. Before we all get excited for festival month that’s about to come, I want to share some of our current favorites at Song of Style. I hope you guys will enjoy reading through these Friday favorites as I binge eat delicious dumplings before I head back home.
1. Prada Sidonie Leather Shoulder Bag – I’ve been carrying this bag every day since I got it. I love the size and the shape of this new Prada Sidonie bag it’s not too small or bulky. This bag actually fits all my daily essentials. I’ve been looking for the perfect shoulder bag and I think this is the one!
2. The Act – “This week I’m watching Hulu’s new true-crime drama The Act. It’s about an overprotective mother and a daughter trying to escape her grip. I love shows that tell a story where the truth is stranger than fiction, and this definitely one of those. It can be so hard to watch yet so gripping at the same time. I definitely recommend it! “
3. Lonely City by Olivia Laing and Mount Lai De-Puffing Jade Roller – “Reading and reducing screen time are two of my new year resolutions. Before I go to sleep, I try to use the half-an-hour time that I normally spend double tapping on Instagram on reading a book. If you’re like me who is not quite sure which book to pick up first, ask a friend who reads. I was recommended The Lonely City by Olivia Laing who “explored the lonely city – New York City by way of art.” Also, I’ve been using this roller to massage my face and neck every morning and night. It always leaves me in a good mood and my face feeling all relaxed.”
4. Micro Pleats / Wrinkled Effect – “I’ve always admired Issey Miyake’s Pleats Please collections. Earlier this week I saw different renditions from several retailers. I think these micro pleats and crinkled technique on fabric is really interesting. Designers also use lightweight fabric to achieve this effortless look that is perfect for the summer! Now, excuse me while I
5. Topshop Lime Green Swimsuit – “I have been loving this color for a while and when Aimee shared her swimsuit guide, I fell in love with this lime green one-piece swimsuit from Topshop. I think this piece comes in the perfect shade of lime green. I’m definitely adding this to my cart! I can’t wait to style it as a top or layer it underneath my shirts”