Wow, can you believe how fast this year has flown by? 2018 is officially almost over, and 2019 is just around the corner. This year has been such a big year for me in so many ways, from starting therapy to traveling to Kenya to launching my second book and celebrating ten years of blogging, I’ve grown in so many ways. I’m so grateful for this year and all of the amazing experiences I had. Plus, I’ve tried so many amazing fun products and worn some of my favorite outfits of all time! I love sharing my life with you all, so before 2018 is officially over, I wanted to do a roundup of my favorite items from this past year.
1. Biossance – If you’ve been following me for a long time (or even just for a little while) you know I’m obsessed with Biossance. And for good reason: Biossance makes skincare products that actually work. Since I’ve been using them, I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin’s firmness, texture, and tone. Plus, they make my skin have that enviable glow – the kind where people stop on the street to ask my what I’ve been using or if I’ve just gotten back from vacation. In particular, I love the Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil. I use it as a moisturizer, and it’s one of my staple beauty products.
2. The Daily Edited Bags and Phone Cases – You guys know how much I love monogrammed items. The Daily Edited, also know as TDE makes some of the best monogrammed phone cases and personalized bags. In particular, I love their black and pink monogrammed phone cases. The colors are classic shades, and having my initials monogrammed on my phone case makes me feel so chic – it’s one of those little things that just adds to your day and your outfit. I also really love their bags, including this mini taupe cross body bag. It’s a neutral shade that goes with everything, and it’s such a sophisticated piece that will never go out of style.
3. Urban Outfitters Butt Mug – This was definitely one of my favorite things I bought this year! I love the look and shape of this mug because it always makes me smile when I’m drinking my morning coffee. Plus, it makes a cheeky little gift for your friend or loved one!
4. Snakeskin Boots – Snakeskin boots were a wardrobe staple for me this year. From these Chloe Susanna python print boots (50% off right now!) to these Zimmermann snakeskin cowboy boots to more affordable options like this Dolce Vita pair and this pair from Mango, snakeskin boots go with everything and make a fashion statement at the same time. I’ll be wearing my snakeskin boots well into the spring!
5. Camel Coat from Nanushka – Camel coats are without a doubt one of my wardrobe staples. Here, I’m wearing one from Nanushka (this is a cream version because the camel version is sold out). I also really like this version from Reformation and this affordable option from Something Navy. I love wearing my camel coat because it’s a great way to layer up during the colder months but still look chic and put together.
6. Self Portrait Dresses – It’s been so incredible watching Han Chong, the designer of Self Portrait become so successful over the past few years. He is truly one of the kindest people in the industry and he has an incredible vision. I love the feminine aspect of his designs. His dresses are so gorgeous, and they look amazing on every body type. Here, I’m wearing a Self-Portrait yellow chiffon midi dress. I love how unexpected this color is, and how it really pops against my skin tone.
7. Avocado Mask from Glow Recipe – This avocado mask is one of my favorite beauty products. It’s made of 74% avocado, and includes avocado fruit, avocado butter, avocado extract, and avocado oil. Plus, it also has manuka honey! It gently exfoliates and leaves skin glowing. I highly recommend this product because it makes a huge difference overnight!
8. Biba Serum – I especially love the Plant Stem Cell Peptide Serum because it’s a powerful organic plant-based serum that has made such a difference in my skin. Since I’ve been using it, I’ve noticed that my skin is brighter, firmer, and has an extremely calming effect if my skin is feeling irritated or experiences flare-ups.
9. Armani Fluid Sheer #8 – This is one of my favorite items to use as a highlighter. It’s luminous, weightless, and gives me that kind of glow that looks totally selfie worthy.
10. Senreve Mini Maestra Bag – This is one of my go-to handbags. I love the unique structural shape of it, because it’s such an effortless way to make a statement.
11. Gold Hoop Earrings – If there is one thing that always makes me feel completely put together no matter what I’m wearing, it’s a pair of chic gold earrings. They always tie my whole look together, and make it look like I put in effort even when I’m in a rush!
12. Pearl Earrings – I love pear earrings because they are such an artful and feminine addition to any look. I especially like wearing asymmetrical pairs like this pair of asymmetrical pearl earrings from Mango and this pair from Beck Jewels.
13. Doigte Rings – These rings really add to my outfit because the bright stones and unique designs really pop and stand out. I’ve been wearing them nonstop this year – I’ve barely taken them off! I especially love this one.
14. Nordstrom Velvet Belt with Imitation Pearls and Crystals – I wore this belt for one of my all-time favorite holiday looks, and I might even wear it for New Year’s Eve! It’s one of my favorite pieces I’ve bought in the past few weeks, because it’s so versatile and has the perfect amount of sparkle to add to your holiday wardrobe!
15. Mango Teddy Coat – I’ve worn this teddy coat nonstop over the past few weeks. I love how it’s a cream color and different than most brown teddy coats. It’s the perfect way to stand out while still wearing the trend. Plus, it’s so cozy! I’ll be wearing this all winter long.
16. Celine Initial Necklace – If you’ve been following my adventures this year, you know I’ve ben wearing my Celine initial necklace almost every day. It’s such a special item that makes any look totally personalized and put together. The Celine version is sold out, but I also really love this Chloe initial pendant and this affordable version from Anthropologie (40% off right now!).
17. Rixo London Dresses – These dresses are my go-tos for events, gatherings, and get togethers. Plus, they can also be dressed down with flats and some understated gold jewelry for a more casual look. In particular, I love this Rixo London red animal-print maxi dress and this Rixo London red sequin midi dress. These dresses are perfect for New Year’s Eve or any other upcoming gathering you might have!
18. Quay Sunglasses – Quay Sunglasses have been one of my wardrobe staples of 2018. I love how affordable and trendy they are, and how, even if I’m not feeling put together, I can just throw on a pair, walk out the door, and feel ready to win the day!
19. Chanel Flats – If there’s one item that you can never go wrong with, it’s definitely a pair of Chanel flats. They’re classic, they go with everything, and they elevate any look. I also really like this affordable pair of two-tone flats from Nordstrom, and this affordable pair from Shopbop. This year, a dog actually chewed up one of my Chanel flats, but luckily, I got it replaced (I guess the dog had really good taste!).
20. Jade Roller – Jade rollers have been one of my staples when it comes to traveling, when I’m feeling stressed, or when I want to do a little more for my skin than just washing and moisturizing. Since I’ve been using my jade roller, I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. My face has been less puffy, and my skin looks firmer and brighter.
21. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – This tinted moisturizer is one of my favorite beauty products. It’s one of the only tinted moisturizers I’ve used that leaves my skin impossibly glowy and blends in perfectly with my skin tone. Plus, it has SPF 20.
22. By Terry Products – I have been using By Terry’s products for years! I especially love the Lash-Expert Twist Brush Double Effect Mascara because it’s one of the only mascaras I’ve ever used that doesn’t ever smudge. I also use the Sun Designer Palette almost every day. It really helps give my skin that effortless, sun-kissed glow, and is great for contouring. I also love By Terry’s Baume de Rose lip balm. It smells so amazing and it’s something I love to put on over and over again because it makes my lips feel so amazing!
23. Manolo Blahnik Embellished Heels – Embellished heels are a formal staple that every girl needs in her closet. I love wearing Manolo Blahnik embellished heels, because they remind me of Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City! For more affordable embellished heels, check out Badgley Mischka.
24. Staud Shirley Bag – Staud makes some of the coolest it bags. My favorite one of theirs is the Shirley Bag. It definitely adds that little something special to my outfits! Plus, Staud clothes and handbags are on super sale here on Net-a-Porter right now!
25. Chloe Mini Drew Bijoux Bag – If you know me, you know my look is not complete without a Chloe handbag. This Chloe Mini Drew Bijoux Bag is such a chic addition to my Chloe bag collection. I love the chain handle and the orange color – it definitely adds a pop of color to my look!