Photo by @runwayonthego
A lot of you guys have asked for a complete ingredients list and directions to make my raw bars. Well… ask and you shall receive. Below is everything you will need to make my raw bars. I eat these yummy bars all the time because, well, I’m addicted. They’re great to travel with (I took them to Paris Fashion Week and with me in Utah right now.), eat as a snack at the office, or even just as an, “on the go,” snack. Be sure to tag #sosrawbars when you make them so that I can see. And thank you to @sarahbakerhansen for the detailed recipe for the SOS Raw Bars.Photo by @ihavethisthingformoments
1 cup Quick Oats
4 tbsp Chia Seeds
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
12 Dates, Seeded and Chopped
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes for Topping
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2) Mix the oats, chia seeds and coconut oil together in a bowl, evenly coating the granola mixture with the oil. Spread on the parchment paper.
3) Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and then bake for 15 minutes more, or until golden brown.
4) Let cool for five to ten minutes.
5) To create the bars, mix the warm granola with the chopped dates in a large bowl and stir with a large wooden spoon, cutting the mixture together until it is completely combined.
6) Line a glass dish with parchment paper, and evenly press the date and granola mix into the prepared dish. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
7) Cover the top with plastic wrap, and freeze the bars for two to three hours.
8) Slice and serve.
9) To store, wrap the bars in parchment paper and store in the refrigerator