As an interior designer, I am always looking for fun and easy ways to be creative and add a little something new to the house. These color block vases were not only really simple to make, but I was also able to recycle some bottles from one of my favorite juice places. Here is what you will need:
- 6 empty glass bottles
- 1 can chalkboard spray paint
- 1 can metallic spray paint
- Painters tape
- An empty cardboard box
- A couple of plastic bags
1. Wash all of your bottles squeaky clean and then dry them with a paper towel.
2. Use the tape to make various designs on each of your bottles. I am making three chalkboard black, 2 golds and one half & half. Steps 3-6 should be done outdoors.
3. Cover any part of your bottle that you don’t want exposed to the paint with plastic bags, and feel free to secure them with tape if necessary.
4. Place your bottle in the middle of the box and start spraying the bottle evenly in all directions. If you are spraying with your bottle standing up, be sure to stuff the top with some tissue paper or crumpled newspapers so the paint won’t get inside.
5. Let the paint dry for about 15 mins and then add a second layer of paint so the color can really pop! Let each bottle dry for about 40 minutes with the plastic covers still on.
6. After 40 minutes of drying, the plastic bags and tape are ready to come off!
7. Viola! Your chalkboard & metallic gold vases are ready to use, add some pretty flowers and you are done! Wasn’t that too simple?