One of my healthy guilty pleasures is eating avocado. This healthy vegetable is an excellent source of potassium, vitamins, and fiber. Yes, it may be high in fat, but it’s good fat that our body needs, plus it’s insanely tasty! I’m all about to easy recipes that are healthy and filling that I can make on the go, so I wanted to share one of my favorite bites, the Open Faced Gluten Free Guacamole Toast!
What you’ll need:
- 4 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 of red onion
- a bunch of cilantro
- 1 tbs of mustard seeds
- broccoli sprouts
- 2 limes
- gluten free multi grain bread
- First, you’ll make the guacamole! Skin and dice the onions, tomatoes and cilantro then separate them into different bowls.
- Skin and dice the avocados last and add lime juice to prevent it from turning brown and to preserve it.
- Add all the ingredients into a big bowl then add the mustard seeds and squeeze 1 lime. Add salt and pepper.
- Next up, toast the gluten free bread!
- Put a generous amount of the prepared guacamole (I looove guacamole so I put tons!) and top it off with some broccoli sprouts and a squeeze of lime.
Voila! How easy was that? Elka Dinner Plate from Anthropologie